Wednesday, May 16, 2012

RTE Arena Flash Fiction Challenge - The Results

The RTE Radio 1 Arena Flash Fiction Challenge winners 2012 were announced last night.
The overall winner was Kerrie O'Brien, the details are listed here

My piece 'You talkin' to me?' was listed in the 'Special Mentions'.  It's a piece about a small time Dublin criminal who has a Robert de Niro fixation.

Congratulations to everyone on the lists!

Dave Lordan was the judge and read an extract from my piece on the show on RTE Radio 1 on the 24th April when the competition was still open.  It can be heard here about 7 minutes in, starts with 'Matthew...'.

I may extend my story and work on it a bit and try and find a new home for it.

13 comments:

Michael Farry said...

Well done Brigid!

Words A Day said...

well done thats brilliant! And thanks for the links:)

Brigid said...

Thanks Michael, it was nice to get a mention.

Thanks Niamh, the winning entries are being broadcast in June if you fancy a listen:)

Old Kitty said...

Yay!!! Oh but the RTE link just goes to the RTERadio player site? I'll figure it out - not to worry!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Take care
x

Brigid said...

Thanks Old Kitty.
Apologies for the link, it links on my blogger but not when it's a published post, weird, I'll see can I fix it:)

Brigid said...

Fixed that link, should work.

valeriesirr said...

Nice one, Brigid and thanks for links. I wouldn't have known I was 'special mentioned' too :)

Brigid said...

That's great Valerie, I spotted your name alright, congrats and glad I gave you the news:)

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations to Kerrie.

I hope you find a new home for your work. Good luck extending the piece!

Louise said...

Well done girl :) just back in blogland - we must grab dat coffee soon:)

Life 101 said...

Congratulations!

Talli Roland said...

Fantastic, Brigid. Well done!

Ann said...

Oh congratulations Brigid. I am so sorry I missed it. I have been absent from the blogsphere for the the past two months and have missed so many of my friends accomplishments.

Again a big and hearty Congratulations.