Thursday, May 10, 2012

Novelicious Undiscovered Showcase - 'The Irish Poet'



If you have a few minutes to spare today, check out my first chapter entry  
'The Irish Poet'   
on the Novelicious website.   You can read it here

It is one of twenty entries in the Novelicious Undiscovered Competition.
This is my first venture into writing popular fiction, so I hope it reads o.k.

The Irish Poet character is purely fictional (sorry, ladies) and is not based on any Irish Poets I have met (not that I have met many) so far in my writing journey. 

So enjoy! (fingers crossed!) 


Voting for your favourite entry is on June 5th.

Big thanks to everyone who promoted me on Twitter and Facebook.

14 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Brigid! I LOVED the chapter!!! Loved it!! Yay!! Take care
x

Brigid said...

Thanks Old Kitty. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on the Novelicious site. I googled that book you mentioned, you have given me ideas now..:)

Michael Farry said...

It's great Brigid. Two powerful characters - can't wait to see what happens!

Brigid said...

Thanks, Michael.
I really appreciate you taking the time to read it. I'm working on it at present so looking forward to pursuing it:)

jane.healy said...

You have my vote! I remember the first time I read about the Irish Poet - you've worked well on this one.

niamh said...

I want to know what happens! Its so sharp and witty, with too many brilliant lines to quote one:)
I loved where you compared magenta to an old fashioned sweet! well done Brigid!

Brigid said...

Thanks, Jane:)

Thanks Niamh and for blogging a link, much appreciated:)

valeriesirr said...

Well done, Brigid. Hope it's a winner :)

Brigid said...

@Valerie, Thanks, it was fun and interesting to be included.
I hope your own writing is going well:)

Romance Book Haven said...

Loved reading your chapter! Now, I can't wait to find what happens next...

Theresa Milstein said...

On my way!

Theresa Milstein said...

Voting is soon. Can't wait!

Michelle Moloney King said...

I voted for you. Best of luck.

Brigid said...

Thanks Michelle, I appreciate it:)