Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Novelicious Undiscovered - Top 20 announced (I'm on the list!!)


Some of you may remember a short piece 'The Irish Poet' I wrote a while back.
I worked on it a little, produced a first chapter and entered it into the Novelicious Undiscovered
first chapter competition.

The top 20 was announced this morning and I am delighted to see my entry made it.
The prizes are listed here

Here are some details about the competition.  Part of the eventual outcome is decided by voters, so as I am not on Facebook or Twitter, I would be delighted if you would consider voting for me when the voting date comes around.

Here is some info from the Novelicious site:
What Happens Next?
Each weekday in May (starting on the 1st) we will be showcasing the above entries on this site (one per day). You can read and comment on the entries but won't be able to vote for your favourite until June 5th once all of the entries have been posted. Voting will be by way of a form (no facebook votes - don't worry!) and we will have a system in place to prevent repeat votes from one person. Voters will be entered into a draw to win a selection of 20 books!

The entry with the most votes will win the People's Choice Award 
From the remaining entries, the Simon & Schuster UK Fiction Editorial Team will choose the Books and the City Choice Award Winner

Further information on all prizes can be found 
The Top 20 will receive an email today with further instructions
Thanks to everyone and do stay tuned for the next round of Novelicious Undiscovered! 2012

Wish me luck, I'd better dash off and write some more words.
Congrats to the other shortlisted entrants and thanks to Irish writer Louise Phillips who posted about the competition on her blog, thanks Louise!

24 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Oh Brigid! Oh you star!! You must must must must send me reminders - so I'd vote for you! Oh this is too brilliant!! I am sooooooooo happy for you!! Yayayyaayayayy!! Oh wow!! I absolutely LOVED the piece you wrote - the Irish Poet!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Yay!!!! Take care
x

Michael Farry said...

Well done Brigid!!

jane.healy said...

Wow Brigid - I am so delighted for you, this is great news. Seriously e-mail to remind me or post on here and I will post my vote 9totally unbiased of course) Fingers crossed etc

Brigid said...

@ Old Kitty, thank you!! I'm excited and a little nervous about it being read publicly, but fingers crossed:)

@ Thanks Michael, I'm delighted. Good luck with your own book:)

@ Jane, thanks a million, I'll keep you posted:)

valeriesirr said...

Lovely news. Well done, Brigid :)

Brigid said...

Thanks, Valerie, nice to have a bit of news:)

Tumblewords: said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news - and you can count on my vote!

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. YaY! Let me know as soon as voting begins. I'll mention on my blog and Facebook. : )

Theresa Milstein said...

I should say... remind me.

Brigid said...

Thanks Tumblewords::

Theresa, thanks so much. There are two prizes, one public vote and one chosen by a panel, so it gives everyone a good chance:)

Helena said...

Brigid, am thrilled for you. My email has gone berserk today so I could only see the heading of your message and couldn't open it or reply but I am so delighted about your good news and it is so well-deserved. I'm not on Twitter but will be happy to advetise you on Facebook and drum up those votes. Good luck with the next round x

Brigid said...

Thanks Helena, it's good fun and great to get this far. Thanks for the support:)

Helena said...

sorry I still can't email, apparently the Hotmail Server is down? It's tantalising as I can see all the emails but can't open them! Anyway, brilliant news and enjoy it all, sounds like a fun and interesting process. I see you are also currently top rated on The Telegraph Short Story Club for your 100word story.

Louise said...

I've come out of the wilderness to say YAY- CONGRATS and pure brilliant!!!!!! Go girl:)

Brigid said...

Helena, that is a nuisance about your email. Not sure what you mean by the Telegraph but thanks, I'll take a look:)

Louise, thanks, hope its going well for you in the wilderness:)

niamh said...

Well Done! So delighted, and its really well deserved, The Irish Poet is brilliant!x

Martin said...

Many congratulations, Brigid. I'll post a notice on the Poetry24 Facebook page.

Brigid said...

Niamh, thanks so much!!
And as for your news, huge congrats!!

Martin, thanks, I'd appreciate that:

The Bug said...

Woo hoo! Well done you! I'll definitely give you my vote :)

Brigid O'Connor said...

The Bug, thank you, I appreciate the vote:)

Talli Roland said...

Brigid! I saw your name on there and I meant to pop over and congratulate you, but I forgot! So... congratulations!

Brigid said...

Thanks Talli!!

helena said...

well done again B, I have publicised and called for votes among all my facebook pals, 10 May right? x

Brigid said...

Thanks Helena, yes, its 10th May. I really appreciate the support. I am getting nervous about my first chapter. I can guarantee a bit of 'tousled hair' and that's just the male character!!!