Friday, April 1, 2011

A is for Adorable

I have decided on the spur of the moment to join in the A-Z Blogging Challenge. Click here for Talli Roland's list of bloggers who have joined in the madness.
I am going to write an A-Z on female virtues and how despite our best efforts we can't sustain them and other random childhood and current anecdotes.
I apologise in advance if I don't do the full blogging rounds of commenting, I'm doing it for a little challenge to myself mainly.



A is for Adorable

When I was about six, a lovely neighbour in my Dublin street called me 'adorable'.
She did wear very thick glasses but 'adorable' still counts even if you are just a blur.
She also told me that I looked like a film star.
I was thinking one of the girls out of the Little House on the Prairie, maybe the blind one who was also beautiful and good?

A boy on my street overheard the 'film star' remark and replied:

'Lassie is the only film star you bleedin' look like!!'

My state of adorable-ness lasted for about five seconds.

And yes, if you are wondering, there was minor violence involved, but a limp adds a certain attractiveness to a boy, n'est ce pas?

Tune in tomorrow for 'B'!!

16 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

C'est vrai!

Ann said...

What an adorable story. Especially the limp. Love it. Good on adorable you!

jane.healy said...

"Adorable" eh? - yes I know you did qualify it ;)

Jen Daiker said...

Great start!!!! This truly is an adorable story! It's funny, this is such a simple A but I never thought of it! Funny how our minds work?

I'm stopping in to welcome you to the A to Z challenge!! I'm a co-host, should you need anything don't hesitate to ask! I hope you stop by to say hello! We'll also be having fun on twitter (I'm @jenunedited and we can be found at #atozchallenge)!

Shari Sunday said...

I'm sure you actually were adorable. Whether we actually get to be adored is another story. Little boys don't get it at that age (and sometimes they never do.) Good job!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

It sounds like he needed a good whallop! WTG!

Old Kitty said...

Yay for telling that cheeky boy!! Good for you!! LOL!!!

Take care
x

Karen Peterson said...

Too funny! I hope you clocked him good!

Raquel Byrnes said...

LOL..that was funny. Welcome to the challenge!
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Niamh said...

so you were you an L-plate Power Ranger?!:)

brigid said...

Thanks new and old commenters, looking forward to 'B'

Eileen said...

Adorable, hmmmmm!!! yes, I am sure you were ,especially that beautiful Communion photo that went missing , unlike mine ! looking forward to 'B'

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

I think many a young Irish boy needs a good limp inflicted every now and again. ;-)

Mary Vaughn said...

"Adorable"

Tim Riley said...

Found your blog on the A-Z list. Love this first post. I'll be following to see what else you come up with.

Brigid said...

Thanks, I will pay return visits over the month.