Monday, January 24, 2011

'Rita' on the Radio - RTE Francis MacManus Short Story Season






I picked up a copy of the RTE Guide this morning with next week's listings.

I am delighted to see my story 'In a Minute Rita' is to be broadcast next
Monday the 31st January, which is nearly St. Brigid's Day, so I am doubly happy.

Excuse my bad webcam images, the other stories for next week are:

Monday the 31st: In a Minute Rita by Brigid O'Connor
Tuesday the 1st: Scrabapple by Gabriel Curtis
Wednesday the 2nd: Four by Four by Richard Gibney
Thursday the 3rd: Nesting by Andrew Fox
Friday the 4th: Raparee by John Philip O'Connor.

Congratulations to my fellow shortlistees and looking forward to listening to your stories.

There are also stories running this week, at 11.15 p.m. so enjoy them if you tune into RTE Radio 1. There is a facility to listen to RTE Digital so you can listen on your laptop or p.c.

19 comments:

@jencull (jen) said...

Yaaay, I will miss it as will be on a plane but will bookmark this to listen to the podcast when I get back. Can't wait :D Jen

Eileen said...

Thats brilliant, can't wait to hear it ! congrats xx

Brigid said...

Thanks Jen, enjoy your trip.

Thanks Eileen, I am getting a bit of stagefright now, but excited at the same time.

Old Kitty said...

31st January!! It's a date!!! I look forward to hearing your story!! I can't wait!!! Yay!!!!

Take care
x

Barbara Scully said...

St Brigids Eve - how perfect. Ill be listening! Good luck and well done again

Niamh said...

look forward to hearing it on Monday 31st... tt must be great to have a date at last!

Theresa Milstein said...

Happy St. Brigid's Day and happy Brigid O'Connor radio day!

Brigid said...

Thanks Kitty, you can try that digital radio link on the RTE website.

Barbara, thanks, St. Brigid's Eve, that's a lovely way to put it.

Niamh, thank you, nice to have a date at least so my son can get his news section up to date.

Theresa, thank you, Brigid O'Connor radio day, that sounds good! I think I will be happy with my few minutes.

Suz said...

Oh boy I'm going to try!
so happy for you Brigid

Jingle said...

that's a good news for you and for me to hear...

smiles.

Jingle said...

Greetings, Happy Monday! Blessings…

Friendship Awards, Enjoy!
Thanks for the support, You Rock!
xxx

Brigid said...

Thanks Suz and Jingle, I think you can tune in on the digital radio part of the site.

Talli Roland said...

Yay! That's fantastic - can you please remind us, so we don't forget? :)

Geoff Moore said...

11.15pm...ok...so that's 03.15am here...hmph...hope it's podcast.
Ok, we'll manage something. Pesky RTE...
It must be cool listening to one of your stories on the wireless though...although I'm fairly sure I'd be listening and going "no! you don't say it like that!" and "slower..."..."quicker..." etc. :)

Brigid said...

Talli, I will post a reminder on Monday! thanks.

Geoff, I will be expecting your alarm to be set for 3.10 a.m.
They should podcast them at some stage, I would think.
Yes, I would say I will be cringeing under a sofa cushion somewhere next Monday night.

Ann said...

What perfect timing. St. Brigid's Eve. I will listen in on my laptop. Can't wait!!!

Brigid said...

Thanks Ann, I hope you can get the digital station.

Áine Tierney said...

I'll be listening out for it!

120 Socks said...

Gosh just noticed this on your blog roll, belated congrats.