Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rabbit Hole Day !!!


As it is Lewis Carroll's birthday today, I am joining in the madness of Rabbit Hole Day via Fairyhedgehog's Blog (Thank you, Old Kitty and Niamh at Words a Day). Click on the link above for more mad but great tales.

How curious it was today.
I woke at 17 o'clock again, late for my day and then the cereal box with the big K on it which makes you turn into a supermodel AFTER ONE SPOONFUL and wear red bikinis,
even in winter on Dollymount Strand, well, the cereal box said EAT ME and I said
SOD THAT, I have a date with a walrus and he likes a woman with a bit of blubber,
lucky for me.
So I ate two giant blackberry sandwiches oozing with butter bought at the farm just outside my window (in my imagination anyway) and I weighed myself with the help of a lovely March hare who had Gok Wan's face and kindly manner and he said:
BRIGID, you mightn't be able to wear a red bikini on Dollymount Strand in winter or summer for that matter, love (I love when he calls me love, it's all so well..love.ly) but I bet that Walrus will love you for the woman you are, a bit creased around the edges and with that home hair dye job making you a bit strange looking, even psychotic.
BEWARE OF LABELS, DEAR READERS: The home dye said 'You will look a bit like Catherine Zeta Jones when you use this!! and I ended up looking like Elvis or worse, an Elvis impersonator in a bad, cheap backstreet club.

So I said, Gok, you are a love, and I will meet with my Walrus and we will make merry and have tea and everything and I might even try that dance with him that Johnny Depp does in the movie, it is definitely, most positively turning into that kind of day.

17 comments:

madamebutterfly said...

Love your line "abit creased around the edges" - a look I have been wearing myself lately!

Words A Day said...

My kind of post! We should do this more often! I'm inspired to make a johnny depp and blueberry sandwich...how many points is that I wonder?!

fairyhedgehog said...

I'll have some of that supermodel cereal! Does it work if you're addicted to chocolate?

Brigid said...

Madameb, it is a great look!

Niamh, would you be worried about points?

Fairyhedgehog, it is a magic cereal so course it would work on chocolate addicts.

Ann said...

Walrus sounds like my kind of friend. Not a big fan of the magic cereal! Or any cereal for that matter. Loved the creased around the edges...unfortunately I am creased a bit in the middle too! What fun. Still pondering.

Live from Stepford said...

Pictures say it better than words....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG73Pk1yUj8

I dance like a mad hatter too...

Brigid said...

Ann, ponder you not, just do as I did and dash it out a few minutes before the school run, sorry to hear about your creases!! Looking forward to reading yours.

Live from Stepford aka my dancing Walrus, thanks for the great video link, only problem was I thought it was linking me to Johnny doing his dance!!

Old Kitty said...

Yay for the Walrus and for Gok!!! We really need more days like this! Take care
x

Fran said...

How odd! ExACTLy the same things happened to me today too!

Brigid said...

Thanks, Old Kitty, it was fun.

Fran, you too? Curious and curiouser.

Theresa Milstein said...

Sigh, I love happy endings.

Super Model cereal? I'd call it Super M's.

Peter Dudley said...

Just came from Words a Day and I love this every bit as much as that. Glorious. Psychotic, even.

Brigid said...

Theresa, Super Ms that is a great name.

Peter, thanks for visiting, glad you enjoyed it.

Talli Roland said...

'He likes a woman with a bit of blubber' - love it! :)

Eileen said...

Walrus sounds like a decent ole chap, he certainly would like a blubbier chick !

Brigid said...

Thanks Talli and Eileen, Walrus seems to be the ideal male for most of us!

Kathe W. said...

Brigid- lovely lovely post with lots of laughter in there! I so enjoyed reading your witty clever post. You channeled Alice quite well!